Tuesday 11 March 2014

Writing Prompts, the flaky side of Jaden. ;)


As a photographer and writer, I used to give myself writing prompts. I would look at one of my photographs and come up with a quick few sentences to describe a scene.

I was just digging around my Goodreads account and found some!

Here they are:

"Excuse me," she said as she sidestepped the sidewalk vendor. She was moving fast, as fast as she could without calling attention to herself in this crowded, damp city. She knew they were right behind her, but she refused to glance back. If she could just reach him, fall into his arms, she would be safe. They could do nothing within his reach. She quickened her step and breathed in the scent of exhaust and garbage, and him...he was close.


She saw him pause then, and sniff the air. He was a magnificent beast, his rough coat hung flattened in the rain. "Can you catch his scent?" she asked. He turned to her, golden eyes glowing in the grey light. "Yes, Mistress. What would you have me do?"


Her breath froze in the winter air, hanging like a cloud come to earth. Her normally pale skin flushed with colour as she closed her eyes and sighed. "Kiss me," she said, and we fell into it, our bodies soaking up the heat of our lust, clouds dispersing around us like halos.


The sudden rush of a bird in flight drew my attention to the sky. He soared there for a moment, silent, dark against the map of clouds. Sorrow encompassed my heart, grief for the quiet, drifting lands I would never know.






No comments:

Post a Comment